Clean Eating: The Best Cabbage Recipe Ever!
Summer time is almost here! It’s time to start thinking about some light and easy meal ideas to incorporate into your family dinner routines. Looking to change up the same old boring side dishes you always bring to barbeques and potlucks? Well look no further. Below is a simple yet delicious recipe for a coleslaw alternative that will be sure to please any crowd. (Bonus points for bringing something healthy!)
- 1 bag of shredded white or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3-4 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- pepper to taste
- (Optional 1 tablespoon of honey for a touch of sweetness)
- Empty the bag of cabbage into a large mixing bowl
- Add the vinegar, water, cilantro, cumin and pepper into the same bowl and mix well.
- Allow all ingredients to marinate together in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving (the longer the better).
- Enjoy on its own or use as a topping on Shredded Chicken Wraps
*This amazing recipe is courtesy of our corporate health and wellness coordinator Chelsea Futterman.