Energy Booster: The Best Egg Muffin Recipe To Start Your Day
Here is a quick and delicious recipe that I absolutely love, courtesy of my amazing trainer, Chelsea Futterman. I like to make enough breakfast muffins for the entire week and then store them in my refrigerator. These literally save my life because they are perfect to take on the go or to enjoy as midday, high protein snack.
• 1 16oz carton of Southwest Style egg beaters
• 1 cup kale, chopped
• 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
• 6 slices Prosciutto
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Olive Oil spray
• 6 cup muffin tray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tray with olive oil spray
2. In a large bowl, mix eggbeaters, kale, chives and salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Place a piece of Prosciutto in each muffin cup.
4. Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cups. Fill only 2/3 of each cup as the mixture rises when baking.
5. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
6. Let cool a few minutes and then lift out carefully with a fork.
Note that the muffins will sink a bit.
MACROS for 1 egg muffin: 66 calories, 9.9 g protein, 1.1 g carbs, 1.8 g fat