Recipe: Power up with Protein Pancakes
If you want to boost your brainpower, it’s time to dig in!
Here is a quick and delicious recipe that I absolutely love, courtesy of my trainer and friend, Chelsea Futterman. If you don’t have the time to mix up the batter in the morning, make extra and keep it in the fridge so it’s ready to go when you are. All you have to do is take it out of the refrigerator, pour, and enjoy! (Warning: if you prepare the batter ahead of time, be aware that it only has a two to three day shelf life due to the raw eggs.)
- 5 Eggs (I like to use 2 full eggs & 3 egg whites)
- 3 tablespoons of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein
- A pinch of baking powder
- Sprinkle, Cinnamon, all spice, ground nutmeg
- Coconut Oil for the Pan
*Pecans (this is optional but one that I like to toss into the mix every now and then).
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Turn the stove on at a medium heat.
- Use coconut oil to grease the pan pour the mixture on the frying pan and flip it over.
- After a minute or so (once both sides are cooked), add some PB&J or maple syrup.