Roasted Asian Brussels Sprouts
Today I wanted to share this great little side dish that I have discovered recently thanks to my friend and trainer Chelsea. I love Brussels sprouts and order them as a side almost every time I go out to eat. Until now, I have never been able to make them quite as delicious. However, I love this healthy and tasty way to make them at home. Did I mention it’s super quick and easy and only takes a handful of ingredients? Try them for yourself and be sure to let me know what you think.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (non-GMO soy sauce flavored seasoning containing 16 essential and nonessential amino acids) *You can use soy sauce if you prefer
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss halved Brussels sprouts with sesame oil, liquid aminos/soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until desired tenderness. (Personally, I like my sprouts a little crispy on the bottoms, so I broil them for about 5 minutes at the end.) If you choose to broil them at the end like I do, just be sure to keep a close eye on them as they will burn quickly if left to broil for too long.
Makes 4 servings.
MACROS for 1 serving: 84 calories, 3.5 g protein, 8.7 g carbs, 5.2 g fat